Robert Hoekman, Jr. starts his presentation on Experiencism: How to be a Strategist in a World of Design Thinkers
Voices That Matter Web Design Conference 2010 - Day 2
- What does your organization do?
- Why does your organization do that?
- What does it want to put out in the world? Why does it want to achieve?
- Those who know the concept have miscommunications with the people who don’t know the concepts.
Zappos, MINIS, Apple - success:
- The reason that they are succeeding is because of STRATEGY!
- Strategy is the motivation behind innovation.
- Without strategy innovation is just a word - it has no meaning.
- All the design thinking in the world will not turn your org into Zappos, MINI, Apple.
WHAT follows WHY!
- Communicate strategy of your org to everyone in your org.
- Strategy is just a plan. TARGET.
- You can’t create a plan w/o having an end result.
- Strategy enables decision making.
- Strategy helps:
- To define what your goal is
- Unifies the team (we are all after the same thing)
There are FIVE phases to developing a user strategy:
- Perform an audit
- Discover phase
- Evaluate and plan
- Act, React, Repeat